Tuesday 21 June 2011

Two Articles worth reading

Today I came across two very interesting articles, but for two very different reasons.

The first is a link to an article that was posted in May, about a family that is raising their third child as "nongendered". I think they are brilliant and I only have good things to say about what they are trying to do. I wonder if it would be easier for me to be "out", or accept my "gayness" without the constant self-loathing and guilt that I have every day in the battle to figure out just who I am if I had not been raised in an environment that determined my gender and my role for me. I wonder a lot if the nurture part of my upbringing has had a stronger mental impact on the nature part of who I am than if I had been raised in a religious and sexuality unbiased home. This is a family I will want to follow up on for sure!

http://www.thestar.com/article/995112

The second article is a blog entry over at I think I Believe, the original link of the video and personal entry from one who experienced it is available here. I don't have much to add, other than this is the form of Christianity that truly is a cult. How about we don't attack our own children because of our own prejudices and accept and love them just the way G-d made them?

---
Listening to: Andrew Bird's Imitosis

No comments:

Post a Comment